Check out my website here!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

My first post.....

This is a series of four images titled
"Extra-Ordinary Girls in Ordinary Worlds"

This concept originally came from an idea I had for Dorothy (from the Wizard of OZ) having a picnic in her own world. Of course I then wanted to do another with Alice, and then to create a series, I thought of Wendy and Susan who also travelled to amazing worlds.
The idea then grew and left me wondering what these girls do once they're home from their extraordinary adventures. The line work is done by hand using a felt tip pen and I have then digitally coloured the works using Photoshop. I hope you like them!






Alice on her way to school
(from Alice in Wonderland)

Dorothy on her farm
(from The Wizard if Oz)

Susan having breakfast
(from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe)

Wendy reading in the library
(from Peter Pan)


3 comments:

  1. Hey Hez, Welcome to blogger. Cant wait to keep a close eye on all your posts. Thanks for your feed back on my Alice Art. Im going to get it scanned next week. In the mean time I've got to get onto my Ukelele design. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awsome! :O will you do ay more, or is this it? :3

    so happy i found your blog! i've yet to see all of what you have posted here, but so far i like your art so very very much!it's interesting,thrilling and very beautiful! i'll come by again to check it out! X3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for such a lovely comments!

    Yes indeed i plan to make more in this series, so I will post them soon hopefully, once I finsh them!

    x :D

    ReplyDelete