Check out my website here!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thank You Picture

Hello again so soon, I just finished this picture for a friend. She knitted a lovely pair of fingerless gloves for me and in return I painted this picture. It's been few months since I've painted so I felt a little rusty, but I'm happy with the outcome. I'm gonna get stuck into my painting though to refine me technique. 
She told me she loves the colour mustard, bicycles and I was telling her about how I want a pipe (I don't smoke but I think it's a cool little prop) and this is was the result.
I started by doing a rough in illustrator so I had a guide line and then painted freehand. This meant it got a little rough in places where I had to fix up mistakes, but I think that can add to the character of the picture and no one can repeat those little imperfections. (well thats what i'm going with :) )
I'd love to hear what you think.
ta ta for now x


2 comments:

  1. I love the bright yellow background, and the bubbles coming out of the pipe. Really fun. Great eyes, too. Well done! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane! It was lot's of fun to do. hez :)

    ReplyDelete